Wednesday (16 & over) 8:45pm-10pm and Thursday (18 & over) 8:45pm-10:00pm
2013/2014 OPEN HOCKEY INFORMATION
Drop in Hockey is an unstructured play or practice. Participants must have full equipment in order to participate.
You must be at least 16 years of age to participate.
18 and under must have a signed waiver from a parent or guardian.
Drop-in Hockey will be held Wednesday 8:45pm to 10pm (16 and over) and Thursday evenings from 8:45pm to 10:00pm (18 and over only).
The cost per session will be $7.00.
Riverfront Park reserves the right to cancel any Drop-In Hockey Session and will do so during holidays, to ensure the session has not been cancelled you can call the Ice Palace at 625-6608 during Ice Palace hours of operation.
We highly recommend paying for parking as lots are monitored at all times.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Players must pay for Hockey sessions in advance.
- Ice Palace management has the right to intervene at any time during Hockey sessions if players are not abiding by the rules and regulations of the Ice Palace or Riverfront Park.
- ALL DROP-IN HOCKEY PLAYERS MUST WEAR A “U.S.A. HOCKEY-APPROVED” HELMET, HOCKEY GLOVES, CHEST PROTECTOR, SHIN PADS, ATHLETIC CUP, ELBOW PADS AND HOCKEY SKATES. RECOMMENDED EQUIPTMENT INCLUDES FACEMASK, HOCKEY PANTS, AND MOUTH GUARD. “U.S.A. HOCKEY APPROVED FACEMASKS REQUIRED FOR PLAYERS UNDER 18.
- Dressing rooms will be available. They will remain unlocked and unsupervised during hockey sessions—leaving your valuables will be at your own risk. We advise renting lockers for wallets and other valuable items.
- NO ALCOHOL is permitted in the locker rooms or on Park property.
- Please respect all property including rink and locker rooms. Vandalism may result in prosecution and/or loss of this privilege for everyone.
- First Aid is available by calling Park Security at 994-1424.
- Do not enter the players’ box or ice before Ice Resurfacer has cleared the ice and the gates are shut.
- No body checking.
- No slap shots.
- No wrestling or fighting on or around ice.
- The Ice Palace may impose new rules if deemed necessary.
- Every player must have a waiver on file in order to play.
- No more than three goaltenders will be allowed to play during a session.
- Ice Palace will limit participation to the first 23 hockey players and 3 goaltenders.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OF DROP-IN HOCKEY PRIVILEGES.
Parking must be paid for in advance. Unpaid parking may result in a parking ticket.